Monday, June 13, 2011

Welcome

This is David Drake's professional blog.  I intend to use this space to write about the development work I'm doing on Khaom Academy.  I'll also be writing here about general testing and development topics.

I'm currently a Seattle SDET for Dynacron Group.  I've been in the testing field for the last five years, but I'm also worked as a middle school math teacher, a merchant teller at a bank, a pizza cook and delivery driver, a technical writer, a tutor, a bagger, a janitor, a factory worker, and a day laborer.

Khaom Academy is a game I'm working on as a side project.  It's being built on the Google App Engine, using Java as the primary language.  This requires learning quite a few new-to-me technologies, so it has been slow to start.  These include:
  • Spring MVC
  • Jsp pages, with jstl
  • JDO data storage, with Objectify
I'll talk more about the particular challenges I'm facing along the way, but in the meantime, those interested in starting a project on the App Engine using Java, Maven, and Spring should take a look at Mike's excellent blog which includes a fair amount of information on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment